From 1 January 2024, the European Union's renewed drone regulation will become fully applicable and the open category will benefit from drones with a class identification label. This system classifies drones based on weight, capabilities and intended use and requires operators to obtain certification for certain categories of drones. The good news is that DJI has already placed several compliant drones on the EU market.
According to the European Union Safety Agency ( EASA ), drones with C0 and C1 marking weighing up to 900 g will be able to conduct operations in populated areas (as defined in subcategory A1), while drones weighing up to 4 kg with marked C2 they will be able to fly up to 5 meters away from uninvolved people (as defined in subcategory A2). Furthermore, drones weighing up to 25 kg will be able to fly at a distance of 150 meters from residential, commercial, industrial and recreational areas (as defined in subcategory A3).
Below is the list of DJI drones which have received the class identification label from EASA:
DJI drones with class C0 identification label
- Mini 2 SE : DJI's most affordable entry-level mini camera drone features a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor. Film videos at 2.7K and take photos at 12MP. The Mini 2 SE supports a maximum flight time of 31 minutes and can transmit HD video up to 10km.
- DJI Mini 3 : Weighing less than 249 grams, the Mini 3 is portable enough to take anywhere and is exempt from most drone regulations in several parts of the world. Its 1/1.3-inch sensor shoots 4K HDR video and 48MP photos with True Vertical Shooting for content ready to share on social media.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro : This version of the Mini 3 offers more advanced shooting features, improved ISO range, slow motion video recording, three-way obstacle detection, D-Cinelike color mode, and better video transmission.
- DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo : The new Mini 4 Pro is the first DJI drone weighing less than 250 grams with omnidirectional obstacle detection. This drone features DJI's flagship O4 video transmission technology, which allows transmission of FHD video at 1080p/60fps from distances up to 20km.
Drones with class C1 identification label
- DJI Air 3 : The Air 3 is DJI's latest all-around drone. Replacing the hugely popular Air 2S and maintaining a mid-range price, the new Air 3 features not one but two cameras. Both cameras offer 48MP photos and 4K/60fps HDR video, but have different focal lengths to allow for greater image depth. This drone really has a lot to offer: up to 46 minutes of flight time, omnidirectional obstacle detection, O4 HD video transmission system and many other top features.
- DJI Mavic 3 V2.0 : One of DJI's best photography drones, the Mavic 3 boasts a dual-camera setup. There is a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and a 28x hybrid zoom telephoto camera. There are also omnidirectional obstacle sensors with a maximum range of 200 meters, a flight time of up to 46 minutes and a 10-bit D-Log color profile for greater flexibility in post-production.
- DJI Mavic 3 Classic : The Mavic 3 Classic features the same 20MP 4/3 CMOS camera, 46-minute maximum flight time, and O3+ drive system as the original Mavic 3 drone, but comes without a telephoto lens.
- DJI Mavic 3 Cine V2.0 : The Mavic 3 Cine is an improved version of DJI's flagship camera drone, offering Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding for richer video processing and a 1TB internal SSD for high-speed data storage.
Drones certified with class C2 label
- DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise : Mavic 3E integrates a 20 MP wide-angle camera with a 4/3 CMOS sensor which, together with the Intelligent Low-Light mode, offers impressive performance even in low light conditions. The drone's powerful camera with up to 56x hybrid zoom has an equivalent focal length of 162mm for 12MP images. The mechanical shutter prevents motion blur and supports rapid shooting at 0.7 second intervals.
- DJI Mavic 3 Thermal : The Mavic 3T has the same camera as the Mavic 3E, a 48 MP camera with a 1/2" CMOS sensor, as well as a thermal camera with a 61-degree field of view (DFOV) and a equivalent focal length of 40 mm with resolution of 640 × 512 px. It supports point and area temperature measurement, high temperature alerts, color palettes and isotherms.
- DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral : This version of the DJI Mavic 3 is equipped with a multispectral imaging system capable of acquiring information on crop growth. The 3M Mavic also includes an RTK module to achieve centimeter-level positioning for precision farming.
- DJI Matrice 30 : Matrice 30 is DJI Enterprise's flagship drone that fits in a backpack. It integrates a 48MP camera with a 1/2" CMOS sensor with up to 16× optical zoom and up to 200× digital zoom, a 12MP wide-angle camera, 4K/30 fps video resolution and a laser rangefinder capable of providing precise coordinates of objects up to 1,200 meters away.
- DJI Matrice 30T : This version of the Matrice 30 is equipped with an additional 640x512 px radiometric thermal camera.
DJI drone with C3 marking
- DJI Matrice 350 RTK : The Matrice 350 (M350) RTK is an updated flagship platform for commercial drones, ideal for use in sectors such as public safety, energy, mapping, infrastructure and forestry. The drone has a maximum flight time of 55 minutes, a payload capacity of 2.7 kg and DJI O3 Enterprise transmission, which allows you to get three-channel HD live feeds at 1080p and a maximum transmission distance of 20 km.